Saturday 12 March 2022

Stitching News

 I think I have my students much better trained... I'm quite often hearing
"Angie, do you want to take a picture before I put it away?"
"Yes please, of course I do, I only have a shop to make my blog more interesting!" I reply.... well, it is the truth isn't it?

Farmer Lynda has been stitching in the evenings to get these cushion pieces finished... sometimes we just can't sew fast enough for our heads can we? But here it is... done. During class Lynda put a zip in... But not a concealed flap zip, of no, a very professional, In the bottom seam zip!!

 Superworm and pretty puddle didn't need the interruption of a flap! An absolutely Fantastic and fabulous and finished bench pillow, The puddle design is from the Bench Pillow book (it's in my shop!) Superworm was Lynda's interpretation of the book cover. Toot toot toot Lynda!

Fiona is very happy with the way her Gnomes have turned out, what smart fellows they are too. So cute! They are stuck down and are ready for the applique stitching, which will be blanket stitch, we all love the Juki Blanket Stitch! The Gnomes are from the book, Quilted Gnomes For The Home 

Sister Suzie is adding lots of quirky details to her 'not really ugly bird house quilt. This watering can will be pouring elephants! See the yellow wellies on the bird! I love those!!! I have a bit of tiny wellie envy, ha ha ha... Releasing your Imagination is for all ages!!

All Day Di made block number 2. When she made the first one it was a little practice but for block number 2 she cut out lots and prepared lots of units all at the very same time, you can just see them in  piles there... If I could just stop Di from Covid cutting, drives me nuts!

Remember the little black and white bits? 
No-one guessed what they were.
How about these with added orange bits, any ideas? 
There's a lot of work involved hear so go on, have a guess.

And the grand finale.... in situ
One wonderful Bench pillow
Stuffed and ready for use....

Dilemma, which side will be up? 
But oh no....Lynda's Little Granddaughter will have to wait to decide, once she recovers from Covid and can actually visit the cushion, very bad timing Mr Covid!!

Another guessing thing... 
A Hedgehog?
Bev, you are keeping us guessing!

No comments: