Tuesday 29 March 2022

Updating You

 Hello hello hello,

I'm still Covid positive and unwell BUT today (Tuesday) I'm slightly less ill.
I need to stay at home another day though. So my shop is staying closed.
I am really hoping to get to my shop for Thursday, though I don't expect classes to resume this week.
Only a negative test result would change that.
I'll let you know how that goes.

In the meantime, I am still trying to make a Union Jack block that I'm happy with.
I've made a couple the wrong way round, it's quite a technical design you know!!

I have downloaded 1 pattern,  This one.... my top block in the picture... It's too large and Foundation Paper Piecing

I Found 1 well explained tutorial (click this one ) but I don't want real flag proportions... That's the middle block, but the diagonal lines are perfectly lined up.

I also purchased 1 PDF pattern from this link, that's my bottom block. I am much happier with the dimensions of this one But none of the diagonals line up like a real Union Jack, which is fine, but not what I am after.
None of them give me what I want, maybe I'm too fussy!!
I will not be beaten, I have a plan and I have not given up yet!

No comments: