Sunday 22 January 2023

Stitching News

 It's a bit mean pickings again for pictures I'm afraid. There are lots of project being worked on so there's a lot of planning, a good amount of mathemisms and much excellent customer service is required. My brain is very well picked this week, I can tell you. Customers pop in and say that, "Can I just pick your brain for a minute?" It's all getting very exciting. I've had several new staters too, poor things don't know what they have let themselves into, ha!

I've had 2 days with the tables pushed together, like for a Sandwich Saturday. Sometimes I can help with more than a bit of pinning you know, Laying out blocks for example

These are Christabelle's Beautiful Batik, Log Cabin blocks. All made with a Moda Batik Jelly Roll and meterage of that moody and rather gorgeous background purple. After this picture Chris moved lots of the blocks around, more than once!

Jan made this Autumn colours sandwich. It was the second time as when she got home from making the first sandwich, she noticed it wasn't quite level, so she unpinned it all. That's the best thing to do, a little annoying but much easier and less time wasted in the end than trying to add wadding later. (Hope Di reads this!!!)

It's only 6 weeks until our next retreat so there is a lot of planning to be done. We have decided to work on a new project, we will all make the same one but in our own fabrics. It should be very interesting. We all purchased the book and cutting up of fabrics has begun. There are large flowers and hearts with big background rectangles, so we started there. You will see the progress as it happens.



One more reminder, 
That it is a Checkley Sunday Funday next weekend 29th January 9.30am to 3.30pm and I really need you to please confirm and pay for your place if you haven't already.
There are lots of names on my list so, fingers crossed, you all remember whether or not you added your very own self to my list.
Thank you.

No comments: