Wednesday 27 March 2024

A Quilt For Anders

Our Little man is now 4 years old. It's hard to believe that the Covid Isolation/Lock down happened so long ago. Anders was born on the Friday before lock-down hit us. We were on one of our wonderful retreats at Alison House in Cromford when he was born. Life changed immediately and he was several months old before I met him, I saw him over the garden fence but that's not the same as a snuggle and squeeze is it. Here's a linky to the post about the first quilt I made for him
4 years old and he's having a big bed so, Nangie felt the urge to make him a new quilt. He loves vehicles, I had a plan.

 It takes blooming ages to do all the preparation, trace off all the bits and pieces, cut them out, stick them on and cutting out again. After these 6 vehicles I got fed up so I went rooting in my cupboards for a solution.
I found these little pictures, all cut up in 5 1/2" squares, so I decided to sash them with pebble-y fabric and use them as a center panel. A bit of retreat sewing. 1" corner stones, yikes!
I did all the blanket stitching during our last retreat, which takes ages, luckily I had ages! I got the top completed by the Saturday evening so that was good going.

I made the sandwich when we got home the next day and got directly started on the quilting. I was in a birthday present race you see. It took two whole days to quilt and bind.

Finished in the nick of time, wrapped up in birthday gifting style and delivered.
Anders opened the gift with gusto, saw what it was. Then declared that he didn't want it and gave it back to me, ha ha ha I think he would have preferred a toy! Bless him xx I loved making it. That's the important thing. It will be fabulous on the big bed.

No comments: