Saturday 24 October 2009

Stitching...

I had big stitching plans for this week... puh!! Where has the week gone?? I know I haven't sewn anything since last weekend....
My Ocean Waves progress is very slow now. I need 72 of these blocks... I have 24 of them done.... when I make half square triangle blocks, I almost always cut my squares to the even 1/4" (in this case 2 1/2" as opposed to 2 3/8")and trim them to size after stitching, which takes me a little longer but it makes everything more precise, in my opinion.
for the coners of the block I need 4 of these (over 200 of them to get to 72 blocks)...the trimming of which is proving to be a bit of a pain for me as I can't figure out how to put the ruler on it to get it trimmed to the correct size...
remember.... I have to trim because I had my original squares cut to 2 1/2" so when I cut said square in half, as I now need 2 triangles, they are also too big, only by a gnats whisker, but they will throw everything out if I leave them... it's taking me ages and I am sure there must be an easier way?? like.... maybe..... starting with the correct size square!!! duh

No comments: