Monday 25 March 2013

Stitching News, With Tooting

New Sue finished another quilt... I hope you weren't trying to keep up with her... I should investigate to see whether she has a team of helpful quilty elves! This quilt is another from the book "Two From One Jelly Roll Quilts", Sue's made lots of their quilts and every one has been fabulous.
Toot Toot toot New Sue, a splendid quilt.
New Sue is working her way through the "Count On It" book, available in my very own quilt shop. April and March are a little mixed up this year though so she's had to practice PMS (Pleasing My Self) Sue made a little quilt using flowers for March, in place of the Easter theme and continued with the flower theme for April so... Bunny and Easter Egg have a little quilt all of their very own... great idea eh, Easter can come whenever it wants to in years to come and New Sue will be ready!
Sheila has almost finished her spectacular table runner... there's such a lot of work gone into making this quilt, from hand piecing the hexagons to using decorative stitching to quilt it... that happens when there's no pattern... making it up as you go uses more brain power! he he he To add to the fabulous hexagon design Sheila added Faux Piped Binding
Merrily finished her quilt top, sandwiched it and started quilting it. This is one quilt you might not have seen much of here on my blog as Merrily usually packs up as quick as a flash to catch her bus so, generally I miss the shot. It's going to be a bed header,  on the wall behind the pillow part... if it was mine I would want to sleep with my pillow at the feet end so I could go to sleep looking at this work of art, ha ha ha

No comments: