Tuesday 5 May 2015

My Bank Holiday Monday Fun

Oh yes, indeed it was fun.
I spent almost the whole of my day in my Quilty Quarters. This work in progress quilt top has been on my 'design wall' for weeks without any action... remember the Easter not break? this is what I was working on up until I remembered that I had to do a stock take... Anyway, it is finished now. I did pop down to my very own classroom to use my very own tables to make two of my very own sandwiches. On top of this little list of achievements I also made and quilted three new cushion tops... I put three zips into three cushion backs! Oh the luxury... he he he The cushions will make a little ensemble with this ever so orange quilt... did I tell you how much I love Art Gallery fabrics? I love all the colours... I just seem to be in a 'Love Of Orange-y Quilt' phase!

This is the quilt, just lap size, that I made with someone else's 'chucked triangles'... really! New Sue didn't want to save the cut away triangles from her project so she gave them to me in a little plastic bag. There were two different sizes. Usually I would have made them into HST's (Half Square Triangles) but this time I made little Hour Glass blocks. The fabric colours are not my cup of tea at all... but it was fun playing... So that's two sandwiched to be quilted.... actually, one and a half because I stayed stitching away in my Quilty Quarters until my bed time!
Don't you love a Bank Holiday?
Back to the shop today...
I'm in such a good mood that I've decided to have a little SALE... I have no room in my lovely little, full to bursting, quilt shop to keep Layer Cakes in my stock... so I am going to sell them all off.
Every Layer Cake will be discounted to £22.00, buy two for £40.00.
Today I will take photos, hopefully, to post here on my blog so that you can see which ones I have left.
Of course.. if you want to have first choice... you will have to pop over to my very own shop 'Lick-etty-Split!

No comments: