Friday 29 May 2015

Stitching News

Fiona Too has a fabulous and finished cushion.
Perfectly pieced and beautifully quilted
toot toot toot
This is the back of Fiona's cushion...
There's a zip under that beautiful strip of Art Gallery fabric
We love cushions with zips!
Sister Sue also has a fabulous and finished cushion.
Perfectly pieced and beautifully quilted in Dutch Chintz design fabric
toot toot toot
This is the back of Sister Sue's scrumptious cushion... 
There's a zip under that beautiful strip of Moda fabric
It's such an easy way to insert a zip!
Yeng's cushion top has been made with Tilda fabrics
A very pretty cushion it is too.
The quilting was started, it will be finished for homework
Yeng likes a little homework!
Barbara Bew started off making the very popular Quick Table Topper...
but she wanted a star in the main block... so we made an Ohio Star.
Then she wanted to make it a little wider, so we added the little squares at each end of the strips... she says she loves it... but will make it much longer...
we could add borders too... lets see what Barbara gets up to next...
Morning Josie finished quilting her poppies, changing the threads for each part to get the best results... the cushion back has been made too, yes, with a zip!
The base for Josie's cushion is a Lovely cotton/linen mix from Moda.. very special! 
Jeannette Dilly made this cushion to practice some complex piecing. It's a Jen Kingwell pattern and should be hand pieced.... blaaaa! Jeannette doesn't do hand stitching, so we converted the pattern... that sounds grand but we just added seam allowances! ha ha ha Dilly learned a lot with this practice block and now THE REAL blocks will be tackled... those are the chosen fabrics to the right... more as it happens... and it happens pretty quickly with Jeannette! 
I finished quilting my latest project... I love Art Gallery fabric... I think I might have mentioned that before? I have to choose binding fabric now so that I can get it finished but I wanted to show you that I made matching cushions... I love cushions and I love them more with zips!!! ha ha ha ... more orange, I think I've been Tango'd

No comments: