Friday 3 July 2015

Preparation? Preparation... Preparation!

It's been a little bit hectic this week... not all shop stuff... though that's been a bit of a marathon too... home stuff got a little bit action packed... Tell me... why is it that Mothers always pick up the slack? so, this poor blog had to suffer the lack of time! It's only a blog though eh... Now then,
This coming weekend, starting today, is a special one... I hope. It's our three day quilting retreat! wooohooo. I can't decide what to take to stitch... I have probably prepared way too many projects... This box has my long term scrappy project, Ocean Waves A La Bonnie Hunter and a Christmas Stocking applique... so that's why there are so many threads and bobbins...
This pile of 1 1/2" stips will be made into a Pineapple Blossom block or two, hopefully... it's another from the fabulously generous Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville I wanted to make it with smaller blocks this time... I have made several Pineapple Blossom quilts!!! Let's hope my math-emisms are correct because it is all cut and 'kitted' up!
Then there are the absolute funnest little bags to be made... Bendy Bags... I want to make at least 4 with these fabrics... then I have selected four more to take in my bag!!
The 10 ladies coming with me want to make them too so it might be like a little Bendy Bag factory for an hour or two! Of course I am taking my camera!!
Some ladies said that they would be taking hand sewing and knitting for the evenings, and wine, gin and tonic!!! I shall wrap more cord for making pots... no more hats!!! It's a good little time filler that doesn't need any concentrating... just a glue stick, which I have remembered to pack along with a couple of refills...
There are threads to take for My Mum Gwynneth's applique project... oh, and another applique project for a cushion that I've planned to start... how long are we going for??? Do you think I might have packed too many things, too many projects maybe... Hang on... there's more...
This project is half done on my design wall...
so I will take this too, ha ha ha
I would rather take too many things, a choice of projects is easier...
oh yes, then there are the two bag patterns... I could take the fabric for those as well!!!
Obviously I will be too busy... waaaaaay too busy to blog so...
I will be back... when I am back to normal... though that might be next Wednesday!!


The fabulous Jenny Barlaston is keeping everything ticking over in my little, yet fabulous and very well stocked, quilt shop... so we are open as normal...
It might be quieter that usual... without me there chattering away!!
I wonder whether anyone will miss me?
Oooo-errrr I hope so!

No comments: