Tuesday 8 July 2008

International Craft Fair

I went to FIL again yesterday. I wouldn't have believed that "playing shop" would be so much fun! It is quite obvious that the patchwork and quilting "virus" hasn't reached many people in Portugal... well that is until now!! Lots of ladies bought fabrics and took the address for Arco Iris A Metro with plans of taking quilt classes.... oooooooer!

I went for a walk around during a quiet spell. This stall is from India. Beautiful fabrics and lovely quilts all selling for a song.

Each of these quilts is approximately 2m x 2.5m and costs from €100 to €150... we couldn't buy the fabric for that price!


In this close-up you can see the stippling. All the stitching is done on domestic Singer sewing machines.

Simple but effective appliqué... I absolutely love this yellow fabric. Paula is considering importing the Indian fabrics and I hope this yellow and red is on her first list..... Paula????


This is the lovely lady selling the quilts. The one she is holding is €130 and includes two pillow cases, I was very shocked to hear some customers trying to get this work for €70!!!!

No comments: