Sunday 4 December 2011

SPQ Chairman's Challenge

This is my entry for the SPQ Chairman's Challenge... Remember, I chose Acid & Watermelon for Angela Whiston. It's the applique Christmas tree that so many of my ladies were thrilled to be making last year from a book belonging to Dotty. The little blocks are 4", quite fiddly and the colours are all hand dyed fabrics, even the striped border, I didn't dye them especially, they were in my stash, I think I dyed them in Brazil, does that make them antiques? You can see I used the Faux Piped Binding yet again, I was stitching it as I put on my shoes to go, very last minute!
I had no idea that there would be voting on the quilts, I thought they were just for a fun display. When the time came for us to ponder and stick our bits of paper on our favourite... no-one chose mine... no shocker there, the colours are rather attacking to the nerve endings, like drinking lemon juice you might say... I wasn't about to be done though... I stuck my own sticky vote on my very own quilt, I love it and, you know me... that's all that matters! ha ha ha

1 comment:

Maggi said...

I loved the design of this but would really like to see it in different colours.