Monday 29 September 2008

Christmas Wreath

I have been working on a small Christmas project. I found the pattern on the internet quite a while ago and it looked like a good one to teach to the ladies. It turned out to be a little complex so I am working on simplifying the instructions.
First I had to draw the wreath and colour it in so that I could use it as a guide.
All the fabrics chosen from my small but ample stash!!!! tee hee ... I cut everything as the instructions have them written..... which is a challange in itself as I am not good at sticking to patterns.. but this was a trial run so I did as I was instructed..
Each little triangle is cut from a 3 1/4" square cut diagonally twice, so they are very small.... and stretchy!!!
I made as many as I could the fast way, ie draw diagonals and sew BEFORE cutting... so you see, I stopped following the pattern at step 2.... tut tut.

I think you can see the wreath shape coming together here.
This is the original pattern if you want to try it.

No comments: