Friday 22 July 2016

Stitching News

Josie's back fresh from her travels and must be thinking of seaside memories as she was very keen to get her nautical cushion finished... to add to her mini collection of nautical cushions! Those tiny half square triangles (HST's) look great don't they! The blue and white spot will become the back of the cushion... using my very easy method of inserting a covered zip 

Our Peggy couldn't decide what to make next and as she pondered over a few ideas with Jenny Barlaston... Suddenly, she pointed to Jenny's apron and declared... "I want to make that! An apron just like yours..." So, one Moda Charm pack later.... here it is.

Carol was stitching away when I noticed that she was using her new Sewing Machine Desk Tidy, the one that will be a workshop in October... I thought you might like to see it in all of it's splendor so I snapped this picture while Carol was away, pressing seams... and... Wow, see the chair, how fabulous and co-ordinated it is, ha ha ha

Our Sheila is playing with Beautiful Batiks again... applique this time, quilt as you go style... Aren't the blocks lovely... each one will be finished as a  wall hanging with little hanging sleeves stitched in place... the decorative hangers have been purchased too... from my very own shop... I have loads of different ones t choose from.
I know you are not all from these here parts, that's Staffordshire in the United Kingdom... Blogger tells me you might be in Brazil or Russia or Canada ... but if you are local enough, or at least close enough to visit... I hope you will and I hope you notice my very tidy fabrics... it's only taken me a week to tidy up the mess I made last week while trying to better display Christmas fabrics!!!  oh how I ache... but you're all worth it... I do it for you you know!!!

No comments: