Tuesday 6 August 2013

Toot Toot Toot... for Me!

In my very own quilt shop I have started to cut little square packs of novelty fabric. They are ideal for making kiddy game quilts, like 'Eye Spy...' or 'Find The Pig, sheep, train???'. Each square measures 6" so, with 30 squares, one pack makes a good size play mat. Borders are not included but we can help you choose those fabrics if you like. One width of fabric is perfect for backing too... a cunning plan!
 My Mum Gwynneth made this quilt from one of the packs for me...
 I have a family baby to give it to but it can stay in the shop for a few days
I finished stitching the binding on this quilt...
it's become known as Lovely Lyn's different fabric quilt.
Of course, even though she abandoned it... she likes it now it's finished...
It got rather cool Hexagon backing... 
I thought you might want to see it for your very own self?
It's very clever how the Hexagons are made... great for a Layer Cake!

No comments: