Wednesday 28 August 2013

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting

So... with all the stuff to order and the deliveries to sort out, I went down to my very own quilt shop this afternoon to sort everything out ready for opening the doors tomorrow, Thursday. My Mum Gwynneth knew I was there so she persuaded my Dad (retired electrician) to come on over to sort out one or two electrical things before my up-coming PAT testing day. While he was busy rewiring two extension leads, My Mum Gwynneth shopped for fabric... 
It was hard making the right decision... but My Dad waited. He dead headed the beautiful flowers in the pots by the entrance... then he waited. He stood in the sun for a while... then he waited. He opened up his car to let the heat out ready for their departure... then he came back in and he waited a bit more.
I think it looks like he had enough of waiting eh... My Mum Gwynneth eventually found the right fabric, wait till you see what she has been working on... Do you think you can wait?

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Your Dad looks like he has had it; while your Mom is having a great time :) Can't wait to see what she's making!

Maggi said...

Hope your dad didn't think there would be no shopping going on because the store was closed. Certainly looks as though he's ready for home.

Nopingwin n pops said...

Mum (me) has been waiting around for him for over 50 years, but I do it more discretely.

Dottymo said...

I can see your dad is really enjoying himself with his wife and special only daughter?