Wednesday 25 June 2014

I Didn't Do It...

The housework that is... But I did do this...
Made with one Moda Jelly Roll plus about half a metre of dark charcoal fabric and nine little scrap strips to finish the border. I am extremely please with all my hard work and fudging... those border bits were tricky! It measures 60" x 50" and will look wonderful on my sofa... with all of the lovely cushions! ha
After I had had my first hand surgery, I was told to keep my hand up as much as possible, to reduce the swelling. That's how come I stitched all of the Jelly Roll strips together, no cutting, just stitching... and if you have your chair low enough your hand does stay up while you sew. As soon as I was able, I started the cutting, a bit at a time. Of course, it is just a top right now so I am off to choose a suitable backing! Don't you love my hexagons?

1 comment:

Elaine Adair said...

Ah hah! So it's your hand that is giving you grief -- hard to tell after looking at that clever hexagon. I was antually looking for your Pineapple, but got way laid by this lovely.

Happy recovery - get better soon! Keep up the works of art!