Tuesday 21 May 2013

Stitching News

Karen added some left over Batik fabric strips from the Railfence design to her backing fabric, making it not only long enough but, also, much more interesting and fabulously double sided. We set about making her sandwich. A long shank walking foot is in the post so quilting will commence later this week too.
Mary made her Railfence table runner with beautiful Batiks.
Looking at this picture I spotted how well my very own shop co-ordintated with Mary's quilt.
 The Moda Bella Solids highlight the top right corder, the orange of the Fiskars scissors handles, the yellow chair, the  Pin Cushion thread tidy etc...
 all topped off by Mary's purple sleeves! he he he
Sarah No Clue didn't really want a table runner. She wanted to chop up a pirate themed bed sheet to make a cushion... so that's what she did. The red spot fabric will be stitched on for the first border... no further decisions have been made, yet.
There have been lots of bolts emptied since Friday... I have shelf space, phew! Thank you for your help with that... The 10% Opportunity will remain until the 1st June, just as I promised it would.  I was very sad to see some of my favourite fabrics being carried out of the door, never to be seen again!.. I believe I have fabric separation issues... he he he.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Don't be too sad Angie you know they will all be back to visit when they've been made int beautiful quilts :-)