Saturday 17 March 2012

Friday Quilt Club

Caverswall Quilt Cave Friday ladies...they're now 'Friday Quilt Club'... in My Very Own Quilt Shop. On Wednesdays we will, for the time being, continue to meet at Caverswall Village Hall.
Here's a photo of the other side of Angie's Patchwork & Quilting Shop, the classroom bit full of busy ladies. There are two higher cutting tables, back ache should no longer happen from too long bending over cutting and slicing fabrics.
 If you do have back pain issues, I have spent a small fortune of my budget on ergonomic chairs... and I do hope you've noticed that I bought all different colours... it looks like a quilty play school!!! The floor looks yellow and grey but it's black and white Terrazzo tiles... extremely cold on feet so you might want good, thick socks if you come to play.
My Mum Gwynneth was quilting all the panels to make a rather classy tote bag. The idea was to have it for sale in my shop but I fear it might never even get a sale ticket... so many ladies were enquiring about it. She's using the free tutorial that's in my head and can be found on my side bar... Angie's Big Quilted Panel Bag, easy, very easy indeed.
Helen has finished the top of her commissioned quilt, she's got the back prepared too so, on Wednesday at Caverswall she'll be making a large sandwich and making a start on the quilting, Helen's favourite thing to do. There were quite a few small pieces left over, enough to make a pillow with, this will also be quilted.
Late Sue started the piecing for her new project, she needs about 30 of these Ohio Star blocks. She had some great, long chains of HST's (Half Square Triangles) running through her wonderful Juki Beast (TL 98), looks like she's following the Shirley Lerly route and wrapping everything in foil to keep it all in order.
Not too many pictures this time... you're most welcome to pop in to see for your very own self how things are progressing....
The Friday Quilt Club will meet again next week 23rd and it's fully booked, wooohoooo!

2 comments:

Jill - And Sew We Go said...

I love your classroom it looks fantastic, great idea the higher cutting table, backache is a killer, I'm also loving seeing all the projects too.

Jill x

Maggi said...

So glad that you are up and running. It looks like a lovely space and I wish you lots of success.