Thursday 23 February 2012

Jolly Jo & The Chickens

Jolly Jo, as promised back in 2011, is making her way through her PhD's (Projects Half Done) on a mission to finish them all. Here's her latest achievement... Hens... The quilt has been named with something very humorous but, you know... that name escapes me for now. Jo used her Bernina machine hand quilting stitch (technology!) to quilt the chicken details, click on the picture to see closer... I really like how Jo changed the direction of the Cross Hatch quilting for the middle Hen block... or... was that the right way and the other 8 refused to conform? We may never know.
You really have to click on this to see the fabrics... Cute chickens and eggs, Jo's not too sure what possessed her to buy "EGG" fabric but doesn't it look perfect on the back... Chickens and Eggs... made to be together eh!
This Chicken fabric, as I said in the previous post, you just can't help but smile when you look at it... are you smiling too? There's not much left and with Easter round the corner... Shirley predicted that there might just be a rush for it... we'd better form a queue eh!

1 comment:

Annabelle said...

I love chickens and actually kept them until a nasty Mr Fox ate one right in front of me in my garden last year! I think they are safer on a beautiful quilt, xx