Wednesday 3 February 2010

Remember This?

Remember this? Last year Alma Rosa sent me a link to a very cool method of piecing, it looked like fun, so... these blocks are the result of my trying it out.... once I had the blocks finished, as you see them in this picture, I had a different but brilliant idea.... so all work on this one stopped....
This is where my new idea took me, Wonky Straight Lines. It didn't take me long to get it completely finished, I was so into it... does that happen to you? I just could not leave it alone, wanted to stay home and sew, sew, sew, so I did.
I came across the first blocks over the weekend, when I was searching for something else, now I know that will have happened to you!!!... So, as you can see, I've sliced through the blocks, added bit of extra interest, sashed and joined the blocks together. I'm working on a border idea, I want it to be a bit wider than it is, but I'm not fussed about it getting too much longer... so the borders might be a bit wonky too.
I thought you might like to see my little rescue project... all this has grown in just 2 days! tis surely beautiful... the plant not my pot, ha ha ha

Other news, for those lovely ladies worrying about my Fridays sitting all alone.... I had 2 new ladies call to sign up and 2 of the Uttoxeter ladies have decided to join me this week in Forsbrook as the Uttoxeter class was cancelled at the last minute, I think they needed the room for a funeral thing... we don't call it a party do we?

No comments: