Tuesday 12 July 2011

Uttoxeter Quilt Class

Giggly Gillian's next quilt will be a double size. Each block should be 6" finished, so that means she will be making 96 of the pieced blocks, that's 576 half square triangles measuring 2" each... it's a good job Gillian doesn't have a computer to read this post don't you think?? ha ha ha... but it will all be worth it. I cut the borders for her, and those 6 1/2" squares of gorgeous black and bright fabric, even the binding is done... so she feels like she's ahead... bless.

Lovely Lyn cut lots of strips for her logs. Each one cut to the right length so that everything will fit and be perfect, all making life easier when it comes to joining all the blocks together. You have to watch which side you sew the logs to though, otherwise time is lost playing with the seam ripper... you ask Lyn, she will vouch for that... wooooops!

Now... you have to decide whether I am showing you Marisabel's binding strips or whether I want you to see the fabulous new ironing board cover I bought for only £2.99. It costs me more than that to make them, so... I shall return and buy more for the future.... oh yes.. Marisabel finished all of her quilting, tied off all the ends using her needle threading gadget, trimmed up the edges of her place mats and made binding. She's going to use the Faux piped binding as we couldn't decide which looked best.. green or reds, so both will be there... PMS (please my self!) actually, I must confess that I had Marisabel cut the strips the correct size but in the wrong fabrics so we will improvise next time... the back will be great!... sorry Marisabel.
We meet again next Tuesday, 19th July but I am afraid (not really.. it's a good thing) the class is fully booked.
Caverswall Quilt Cave tomorrow, that's the 13th... always space for quilty chums there.

1 comment:

sewali said...

lovely ironing board cover, where did you get it? I need a new one too!