Friday 28 October 2011

My Mum, Gwynneth's 'Nother Quilt

After borrowing one of my brand new books, that I haven't even looked at yet!  My Mum (Gwynneth) started a new project... first off she needed to cut an assortment of 8 1/2" squares. Each one then gets cut into strips, something like 3", 2 1/2", 2" & 1 1/2"... I can't remember exactly, I can see that doesn't add up, but you get the idea. Next she mixed them up, following the pattern instructions, of course and eventually stitched them together in rows... as you see here, then she added the wide sashings and borders. She's very happy with the way it turned out.
My Mum (Gwynneth) doesn't make scrappy quilts, she says she doesn't 'get' them... that's fine, it can take a little time... and it doesn't matter if she never 'gets' it, cause she's making em anyway, it's a posher version, 'A Multi-fabric Quilt', ha ha ha... this design has been a scrap users' favourite for many, many years...
 So, that's another top ready to be sandwiched... guess I know what she'll be doing today!

1 comment:

Maggi said...

That is so lovely and cheerful. No wonder she is happy with it.