Monday 31 October 2011

Quilty Quarters, The Commission Quilt

The top and bottom borders are on. The quilt is so big now that I couldn't get a picture of the whole thing... but most of it is here. The colours show up really well with good light, which you're not having in this picture because Mike's holding the quilt up touching the ceiling and it drapes over the floor, so the light is blocked out... still, you get the general idea don't ya!
The side borders haven't been started yet, I've cut a few of the squares but life keeps getting in my way. I'm thinking it might be finished over this next weekend... that's if the bolt of black fabric arrives in time... I ran out of plain black but it's on it's way... There are 5 metres in this backing so far and I need 5 more to complete, plus the best part of one metre for the three miles of binding.

1 comment:

Maggi said...

Oh my goodness, this is humungous. You will need a medal for this one.