Friday 21 August 2009

Festival Of Quilts

I don't know, it seemed to me that there were way more stalls at the show this year, maybe the currency exchange rates had something to do with it as there were quite a few stalls from other lands, maybe it was my imagination? but for sure they took up a bigger chunk of the room. Most stalls had signs up asking us not to take pictures... shame as I love looking back at them all, it's impossible to remember what I saw.
Never the less, I did take almost 200 photographs of the actual quilt exhibition. It was really difficult to decide which ones to post here...I don't really know any details about them as I didn't buy a programme and there wasn't any information posted by most of the quilts.... just a number.
This is a small section of my favourite scrappy quilt.... I have put it on my ever growing "to do" list, he he he

This was one of my favourite "different" ones, it's very cool how they had the tree roots continuing off the bottom of the quilt...
... this reminded me of those string pictures, you know the ones? lots of nails with coloured string stretched across them, my mum made a few of them in the 70's...
and this was lovely, the design and the quilting were very simple and very effective, the dresses were sacking like fabric... it was different and I liked it A LOT...
Lots of people seem to be using shirt fabrics at the moment.... well, maybe they always did but I mean, we are hearing lots more about them these days, I think this butterfly quilt is quite brilliant....
and this one brought a smile to lots of faces, great recycling eh! what else could we do with the cuffs?
and look at this.... Jenny Bowker was there and she remembered me!! She told some other ladies that we had been friends for ages!!!! that made me feel special, ha ha ha... how cheap am I?
She has to spend the full 4 days of the festival quilting on the new Bernina 830... what a life!!!

I'll choose some more photos later and try to post them tomorrow.....

No comments: