Monday 20 December 2021

Stitching News

 It's full on Sewing Prevention Season now so the customer pictures might dwindle off!

Shirley (not Sheila) finished her gifting quilt Toot toot toot!! What a fabulous finish it is too. When we were thinking about the binding originally, the idea was to use all of the colours randomly placed. Then Shirley though the red would be best. Once the crusts were trimmed off though, the colours didn't look right. Black looked a bit, black! Sometimes, Faux Piped Binding is the perfect way to go!
The back shows of the fabulous quilting and the giant block in the centre ties this project together. Toot toot toot toot, for the back also. This quilt will be gifted today, it will, for sure, be a winner!

Di had a fabulous and finished quilt to hold up too. This is the 4 little pram quilts, all joined into one, that Di has been working on recently. Joining things apartment-ly is brilliant method for all sorts on situations...

It made a wacky backing too... 
Toot toot toot Di, it is fabulous.

Now this is naughty of me, I can't remember which customer bought this in to show me. I remember she was chuffed with it. Loved the quilting stitch she chose, was excited to be gifting it too... but I can't quite get my old memory in gear to put a face to the maker of this lovely quilt. It still is a fabulous finish so toot toot toot for it. Please let me know if it is yours? 
Update... It is Edna's... sorry Edna.

My shop, as it does every time we hit sewing prevention season, was very quiet so I made up another Coiled Fabric pot. The wrapping of the coil is a good TV evening job, so that had already been done. That's another pressie ticked off the to do list.

Another quiet shop day gave me chance to quilt this Eye Spy shop sample. Just a bit of ditch hopping but it was fun to be able to sew. I'm kind of planning to get the binding on, but there's a class in today so that might be a job for tomorrow now.

My shop will be closed from 2pm Tuesday 21st December until Saturday 8th January.

No comments: