Wednesday 1 November 2023

Stitching News

Norma finished her quilt top. It's probably one of the easiest designs to make of all the ones I've helped with over the years. Considering Norma found almost all of the 14 Fat Quarters in her stash, I think we did a great job on the whole thing. The back is complete, Amanda in stone better watch out!

Di had all the 4 blocks of her Tomte finished but she couldn't settle on the layout. As she's making 2 quilts, of the same design, for gifting, I suggested she not stitch these first ones together until the next 4 blocks are finished, then she will be able to mix and match a bit more, genius eh! HOPEFULLY she'll be able to make her decision easier with 8 blocks.

While making the 3 tree blocks you get a lot of 6 inch triangles left over. When I made my first Scandinavian Tomte Quilt I used them for the borders, it was a bit tricky though. This time I sliced then in half to make these stars to use on the backing.

My top is now a sandwich, cute! 
He will have to wait to be stitched as I made 3 sandwiches that day

My Ocean Waves quilt is under the needle first, only because it is easier to do, at least I thought it would be. I'll post the story soon.

My shop will be closed for the last week of November.
From Monday 27th Opening on Saturday 2nd December. No apologies for that folks!!

I've made a few bookings for next year, 2024.
Checkley Sunday Sewday dates to note are:-
January 28th
February 25th
June 30th
August 4th. The Festival Of Quilts Pilgrimage coach is booked. 
September 29th
October 27th
November 24th
That's another year gone!!!!!

No comments: