Tuesday 5 August 2008

Giant Daisies



I have forgotten to show you one quilt. This one, with giant daisies... it is finished now, all except for a label as usual.... I decided to call it "Inside Out" given that daisies in baskets are normally much smaller and usually inside the houses.....




I have done a bit of sewing today...... all from my scrap fabric drawers!

I picked out all of my light 2 1/2" squares and drew a line diagonally through each one... lots..... it took ages... some people don't draw the line and just sew by eye, I think the extra time to draw is worth it.
Then I took the rest of my 2 1/2" squares all darker and put one with each light square. I then sewed a quarter inch seam on either side of the pencil lines...
....cut them in half (on the pencil line) ironed them, and trimmed them to be 2" each....

I do have a plan for these half square triangles.... but there are still loads to do, I have 87 so far!

No comments: