Tuesday 14 April 2009

I'm back in town!

I'm back from my travels in the UK, back in sunny Portugal.... not, it's raining! This is the tent at Trentham Gardens in Staffordshire where they held the anual quilt show called "Quilts in the Garden". I was a little disappointed by the size of it when I arrived, but once I got inside I was VERY happy! I took 212 photos of quilts. The picture makes everything look very grey but it was actually a lovely day. I'll just show you these few pictures for now. I have so much to do to get the ship ticking again... I was really happy to see New York Beauty quilts. I love these colours and the borders just set it off perfectly. Unfortunately I can't find my programme to give any of the makers' names. I took this closer shot seeing as some of us are considering making our own versions.... you can also see some of the quilting design, I think it was hand quilted... simple and very effective. Here's another, embellished with applique. I like how this one spills into the borders.

No comments: