Friday 5 January 2018

Stitching News

That's it then folks... 
Holiday, or rather Sewin Prevention Season, is over and we are getting, very much, back to normal.
My poorly classroom wall has been sorted out and painted, there's still stuff to do but I think the messy phase is finished.
So, today my lovely quilt shop will be opening as normal... 
I was actually still technically closed yesterday but had such a busy day in the shop, ha ha ha. I was there cleaning and sorting you see, so the lights were on and the door was open. Seems people just couldn't wait to get cracking on their stitching. It was quite a surprise to me just how many people came in to purchase Christmas themed fabric... but stitching is stitching and if you want to sew festive projects... go for it!!
There were a few pictures, from last year, waiting in my perfectly purple camera so, what better way to start us off than to toot some fabulous finishes...

Just Edna started this Stack-n-Whack Kaleidoscope quilt in about 2014. I'm not sure what happened, and neither is Edna... For now though, that doesn't matter. It qualifies as a fabulous and finished quilt and deserves a toot toot toot fanfare. Edna used beautiful French General fabrics from Moda, Just lovely!
The Stack-n-Whack Kaleidoscope workshops have always been popular... Do you think I should schedule another? I really should get working on that Saturday workshop schedule. Sewing Prevention Season scuppered all of my planning plans...

From a quilt that took four years to finish to a quilt that took only four weeks, beginning to end. Just Edna had finished her fabulous Double Wedding Ring gifting quilt and fancied making something easier and lighter in the stress department. Big blocks are much easier than small, fiddly ones!! Kiddy quilts are such a lovely size!! Make only 6 blocks and call it done!!

All left over fabrics made a great, fun backing too. Toot toot toot for Just Edna and her fabulous and very fast finish! This quilt was made for gifting and, I'm guessing, would have been gifted by now so someone will be snuggled up and very happy!

Mrs. Merlot was working on this quilt for Christmas gifting... doesn't it look great... it's so clever how careful fabric placement gives the 3D effect. This project was inspired by all those Santa Window wall hangings the ladies were making. 

This was a surprise in my perfectly purple camera.
Our Carol's unfinished Christmas Tree Skirt... we were all joking and saying she would never get it finished in time for 2016 Christmas... Carol felt challenged and put her very own self in "I'll show them" gear
She told us!!! Carol sent me this picture... Doesn't it look wonderful...
A fabulous and finished, just in time, festive tree skirt Toot toot toot Carol... you have started something now, everyone will want one!


Pow!!!  oh, oh, oh
Sometimes even I am lost for words... really!
Princess Jackie finished her quilt top...
Have you got goosebumps?

Just look at the beautiful colours Jackie chose, all beautiful Batiks. And the perfect stitching on those applique bouquets and the lovely inner border... the perfect circles and and and ... oh!

And my very own small, but fabulous, finish. Made for gifting but first, it will be on show in my very own, wonderful Patchwork and Quilting shop... which will be open today so I had better get going....
Welcome to 2018!!!
See you later?

No comments: