Tuesday 5 April 2022

Stitching News

You've probably guessed by now that I  haven't had much to blog about lately. So many of my customers have been Covid positive, or determined to avoid this last wave, so classes haven't happened well for 2 weeks or so, and then I got the darn virus!! 
Our Checkley Fun Day Sewday had to be cancelled too, very disappointing.
I'm happy to report that we are on the other side of all that now and my shop and classroom are returning to normal.


Susan is working on this most wonderful quilt top. It's basically Drunkards Path units but my goodness it is clever, like a huge bunch of glorious blooms! I'll get the pattern details for you next time I see Susan.

Do you remember that Susan was working on this beautiful quilt at our last Cromford Sewing retreat? She decided to have it professionally Long Arm quilted and popped in, on her way home after collecting it from Stone, to show it to us and to purchase her binding fabric. Absolutely beautiful and we will be raising our trumpets very soon no doubt.

This is so lovely... There is something very very cute about these spikey little creatures. Bev is working on him and enjoying all the slow, hand stitching... there has been lots of embellishment added since this photo.

 Hanging sleeves are being added to a few Uttoxeter Quilt Show entries as it's only 2 weeks to go. We all entered the quilts in 2020 and we are still not ready!!! Darn that Covid!!!

No comments: