Wednesday 5 July 2023

Stitching News

How very selfish am I? I have used every spare minute to get the Grow Free Wild Flowers quilt top finished. That's the one I showed you in the last post, just over a week ago. It is now a top measuring 85 inches square and I don't have a picture of it. It got folded up and put away so I could tidy Quilty Quarters AGAIN ready to quilt my Garden Retreat quilt. Which I have now started, pictures will come soon, it's looking fabulous!
Meanwhile, back in my shop

Rose finished all of the machine stitching on her gorgeous cushion front. There will be embellished bits added next, buttons and beads and a little hand stitching detail.

Shirley finished piecing the centre of her autumnal quilt, and very smart it is too. There's a 3D thing going on here if you look at the design for a moment or two. Borders will be added, I think there will be 3, according to the book.
Di was merrily quilting away knowing that she had missed her quilt gifting deadline. It didn't really matter, the quilt was gifted anyway and the lovely recipient thought it was wonderful and found it all very amusing as she handed the project back to Di to be finished. A good, understanding friend indeedy.

I know it's a bit rushed, but it is here. A blogpost takes me ages to write, cropping pictures, if I can actually find them, ha!.

I have plenty of seats left for our pilgrimage to The Festival Of Quilts on Sunday 6th August.
There's just one week left to book your place including your show ticket.
After that you can book a coach seat but I won't be able to provide a show entrance ticket, that will be up to you to sort out. 
Angie, 07807530441 for any further queries.

No comments: