Sunday 14 July 2024

Catching Up With Stitching News

I'm not sure where to start really. Catching up with two weeks of stitchy fun is tricky. Digging into my memory, without photos to remind me what we've been up to, is pretty hopeless. I do have a few photos, thanks to the ladies who remember to suggest I take a photo!

This is Princess Jackie's Gypsy Wife quilt top. The pattern is still available but it's been re-named Wanderer's Wife What a riot of colour it is too, as we have come to expect from Jackie. She's learned a LOT while making the blocks, one half inch can confuse everything.

This is a trumpets up picture. 
Christabelle finished this fabulous quilt. It's an Anna Maria Horner design but Chris decided to quilt each block, with free motion quilting, individually and joined them all together, apartment-ly with sashing strips. Absolutely gorgeous!

This is the back, obviously. By opting to use a contrasting fabric for the sashing, which worked extremely well, Chris has a double sided quilt, very different either side.

Look how fabulous the quilting is.
Toot toot toot Christabelle, an amazing job!

We joke about quilting being rather addictive, it's actually no joke!! Most of us slide right over to that 'dark side' But Julie? She jumped on the diving board then somersaulted right into the deepest end! I can hardly keep up with her progress, quilt after quilt after quilt! 
This top is from a pattern in the Material Obsession book (which is out of print but still available as used copies) Julie saw my quilt (called 'Garden Retreat', which now I'm looking for it I see I haven't put it on my blog!!!) hanging on my classroom wall. She ordered a copy of the book. The following week she purchased all the fabrics the next week this is it, a finished top! So summery, beautiful and bright. 
I found a blog post about it from 10th June last year, My Garden Retreat quilt top! Just the top as I haven't even taken a photo of the finished quilt, shocking misdemeanor! I will, soon!

Jan has found it really tricky to achieve accuracy with this project. All because of the silly edges on the Moda Batik Jelly Roll. It's all very well saying to use the outer peaks for the accuracy of two and a half inches, but that only works if you can see them! It's a good job Jan knows how to fudge! This first strip is looking fabulous though.

Toot toot toot for Mrs. Lou Lou. A fabulous and Finished Pineapple Blossom Cushion!! Lou Lou has forgotten when she started this project, we estimate it was at least 2017, All she needed to do was finish the quilting as the back was already made. We all do it! but it is finished now. There's blog evidence that Mrs. Lou Lou made her first Pineapple Blossom cushion in September 2015 It was lovely to go back searching.

Deb has been working on her Snowman Collector blocks for a while. But that was done purposefully, keeping the project rolling on as an in-between-y sewing thing. They are all finished now so there will be borders next. Two around each block to start with. I'll show you as it progresses.

Oooh, that's it for today. Almost out of photos!

No comments: