Tuesday 31 August 2010

Quilty Quarters

I quite like this border, it could even be better than my original plan of adding more 9" blocks... as it is, all but two of the centre blocks were gifted to me, so it's keeping it special....plus it would have made a rather large sofa throw.... I decided to add in a few squares of the pale yellow fabric on the 9-patches, with there being yellow in the main blocks, it works well... don't you think?
and it means that the blocks I had already done for plan 'A' can be made into another quilt.

I didn't get any red, white and blue blocks made... I actually got rather engrossed in this project and ran out of time... Brenda/Barbara e-mailed to say that she'd made 3 blocks, so I better get cracking, it's Uttoxeter Quilt Class today though, I wish I hadn't left these blocks to the last minute now!!!

2 comments:

Quinta da Quilter said...

Love the border!! It looks fantastic!

Gina said...

Love how it's looking

Love and hugs Gina xxx