Monday 24 October 2011

My Mum, Gwynneth's Quilt

What a difference a border fabric can make... I saw the beginnings of a quilt on a blog a while ago, by that I mean that I saw a few blocks, ha ha ha... As per usual, I couldn't remember where I had seen it. I told My Mum (Gwynneth) about it and, as she was available to start yet another quilt, she decided to have a go...
Mum... "What do I need?"
Me... "2 colours that contrast well, as many fabrics as you like, but just 2 colours"
Mum chose the one green and the one purple, only one of each colour... she doesn't get the scrappy thing, YET!
Doesn't matter, they contrast well, the pattern shows up really well so they will look great.... but she started to call it her 'Wimbledon Quilt' once she realised that she had used Wimbledon colours, ha ha ha
When it came to borders, nothing looked good.... until we draped the quilt top over 'Table Top Shop, wadding on the side'... this leafy fabric was a perfect match... throwing in the inner border of Moda Swirl in Christmas red set it off a treat, don't you think? No more Wimbledon Quilt, we're thinking of something else to call it now...

1 comment:

Maggi said...

Absolutely lovely.