Sunday 23 October 2011

Quilty Quarters, The Commission Quilt

"They" decided that the 'Wall Hanging' should be 10ft wide with an 8ft drop... 10 and 8 are small numbers until you multiply by 12!...
120" x 96"... the size of a huge bed quilt, but slippy, slidey, silky fabrics with a mind of their own... I came up with a seriously cunning plan that should help me manage this.
In the photo you will see I have the centre done and sandwiched. 14 x 10 of 6" blocks. It took me 3 hours to make the sandwich as it had to be very well pinned to give me maximum stability. I've started quilting this bit. Once it's done I'll make the 3 block wide, 18" borders, quilt them and add them to the main centre with 1/2" sashing... apartment quilting... thank goodness for It at times like this!!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

WOW! Patience of a Saint you have to be sure.