Thursday 2 February 2012

Angie Quilts The World

Well, not quite the whole World... 
A guy from the Uttoxeter press called to ask whether I would mind if they visit our Quilt Class at the Bank House Hotel last week. They had seen this blog and thought the story would be interesting. They came, took loads of photos... some just too close for comfort! They then chatted to us, interviewed my very good self, and told us we would be in the local paper this week, The Uttoxeter Advertiser... here's the article with a massive unflattering photo of yours truly and here's a link to the other pictures they printed in the paper.
You will have to excuse the grammar and I promise I don't talk like what they wrote (ha ha ha) I didn't say some of the things they wrote, for example, Uttoxeter Race Course hosts the biggest quilt show in the area, not the UK, I know that's the Festival Of Quilts... anyway, it is what it is... just so you know... I will be available for signing autographs at Caverswall Village Hall tomorrow, 10am - 3pm... ha ha ha ha

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Yay for you! That's a very nice article.

Maggi said...

Congratulations Angie, a really good bit of PR for quilting as well as for yourself and your new venture. Why don't reporters ever actually listen properly? I prefer Uttoxeter to FOQ anyway!

Annabelle said...

Oh Angie - you are a star! The pic of you is lovely (nothing like the one on your blog) and the article is charming. Love the quilt in the photos (and the pinny!) xx

Helen said...

Great article! Good for you and your forthcoming adventure!! Can I call it that? Bjs Helen