Thursday 30 January 2014

Stitching News

Penelope Baskerville is quilting her fabulous Kaleidoscope, Stack-N-Whack quilt... She usually packs it away before I remember my camera, but this week I was on the ball... 
Fran Cup Cake's quilt started with the desire to make Log Cabin blocks.
After seeing a picture in this book called Little Quilts she went on to make other fabulous blocks. Now it's almost a lovely Lap quilt... just a decision on borders.
Giggly Gillian chose most excellent fabrics for the borders on her Hunter's Star quilt. See how she fussy cut the strips from the Moda William Morris fabrics? Lovely...
Lovely Lyn made these appliqué flowers then wondered what she would make with them... do you ever work that way? I know I do... We came up with a lovely idea and you will see that come to life next week... unless Lyn changes her mind... which is very much encouraged in our PMS classes (Pleasing My Self)
This is the back of Morning Judith's quilt. I wanted you to see her fabulous free motion quilting. Judith confirmed my thoughts and what I tell everyone... Practice makes perfect and the more you do the better it gets...
PM Pam has her Square Dance table topper quilted. The Faux Piped Binding is on and pinned in place. She will stitch that at home as it needs great concentration to get it perfect... that's not the real reason... she wanted to work on something else really Ha ha ha

No comments: