Tuesday 26 July 2016

Stitching News

Just Edna has had a busy time away in her caravan, she's been stitching! 
You might well think that she made two quilts, but no, it's one lovely, double sided playmat/quilt. 
What a fun fabric... colourful and very different...
a bit too lovely to be cut up... it's a perfect quilt back, or front... and Edna's quilting?
See now... here's the other side, colour co-ordinated to the front/back and the back/front... ha ha ha. Pinwheels galore and the quilting looks great doesn't it!! Toot toot toot Just Edna... for your fabulous and finished, quirkily-quilted, play mat 
This project has been a rollercoaster ride for Lady Judith... and my very good self I have to say... I thought it would never get done. The kaleidoscope blocks were made at one of the very first Stack-n-Whack workshops I did, about 4 years ago and Judith has had us math-emising ever since!! Just borders to be added now and a sandwich can be made... the finish is in sight! Judith has made about a thousand quilts in the meantime too... boy does she have Staying Power!!!

This photo was sent to me from one of the ladies who did the Beginners Cushion, A taster day for beginners, workshop recently... she writes....
"I followed your cushion pattern on a bigger scale and with a little help on binding from your website I have now finished my first ever quilt. I'm really pleased with it and more importantly I enjoyed every minute!! Thanks again for all the great tips!! Karen 

I sigh and smile proudly!!!!

Toot toot toot Karen... that is a fabulous and finished quilt!!!

No comments: