Friday 4 September 2009

A New Girl

Yesterday evening I went to my very first UK quilty thing... well, maybe my second if you count the Festival of Quilts. It was the monthly meeting of the Staffordshire Patchworkers and Quilters. I was very apprehensive.... it's not easy being a 'new girl'.... walking into a room full of possible quilty chums... tee hee
This group meets monthly, not to sew (as needles and pins are not permitted in the church hall!!), but to listen to lectures, often by well know, accomplished quilters.


After a few announcements and a brief session of "show and tell" there was a presentation from Quilters Trading Post, a quilt shop in Whitchurch, Shropshire.

At the end of their presentation they 'opened up shop' for ladies to enjoy a little retail therapy... and there were plenty of takers!!!
I only found one probable friend, all the other ladies were too busy with the eye candy to notice me....

1 comment:

Gina said...

You'll get there.
It's a feeling I hate, walking into an established group. Remember though that nearly every one was in the same boat as you when they joined.

Love and hugs Gina xxx