Wednesday 8 September 2010

Caverswall Quilt Cave

Irene worked on her Jennie Rayment project, the one she started last Friday at the wonderful workshop... it's absolutely stunning! These colours are fabulous for the design, Irene Tweaked and Twiddled for most of the day... very much worth the effort.. makes me smile remembering our great day!!!
Margaret has chosen to make a cat quilt. Applique....hmmm... now I always get confused with iron on sticky stuff, some patterns show the reverse, some leave it to you to figure out... do I ever hate these decisions! Anyway, we got it right in the end and I think you can just about make out the cat here, he has to be embellished a little to show all his creases and things.... a complex little fellow!
Wendy's Bento Box quilt got it's piano key borders, everyone loves these fabrics.... We played about with a pieced backing for it... it could be in competition with the top actually as it's looking really fab!.. it's also keeping Wendy out of her comfort zone, she's getting quite used to it out here.... he he he
Chris continued to work on her wedding gift quilt. Tennessee Waltz from Quilt In A Day I am so much wanting to make this quilt... love it, love it, love it! I love the colours that Chris is using too... so with a little research I found the main block, '54-40 or Flight' free on t'internet with the template to print off (you see that Gilly?) ... oh dear... can I resist it? is my "to do" list really needing to grow any longer?
Lacey Ann has actually finished her Jennie Rayment project.... WOW! She made it into a large cushion cover, it's very soft and snuggley too. Fantastic colours show the design off perfectly....
I thought you might like to see a close-up of her quilting... she is very new to quilting, this Lacey Ann... she's very good at it, don't you think? We do have a lot of "artsy fartsy" quilting ladies in our lovely group!!!
I'm afraid that's all the photos I have for this post, there was so much going on and so many inspiring projects to help with... time just didn't allow....

As usual there's another Caverswall Quilt Cave Quilting Day on Friday, 10th September from 10am to 3pm... even though the ladies always beg for longer! ha ha ha.... they just don't want to go home yet!
Kettle Corner will be open as will "my little travelling shop". Everything you need for Patchwork and Quilting, even rolls of wadding/batting for sale by the metre... pop in if you need anything.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Great quilts. I love the fabrics in the bento box

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Birte said...

Hi Angie
It just looks wonderfull.
Thanks for the link
Love Birte
xxxxxxxxxx