Friday 14 April 2017

Stitching News

Princess Jackie made this adorable Easter Bunnies wall hanging ... Click here to get the free pattern It's perfect for the upcoming Bank Holiday long weekend. ... Toot toot toot Jackie, fabulous and finished with a lovely wire and dowel hanging doodad to finish it off perfectly. 
New Sue started another block on her latest applique project...
I forget which flowers these are but Sue had expert fabric and colour choosing help and advice from our resident (she comes a lot) botanist, Jean Bean.

Gail suggested that you might well be fed up of seeing her blocks... I assured her that showing a true timeline of progress will be comforting to many of you! This is a huge project with many blocks so it's bound to take a while... especially when you move home twice during the process!

Rose thought this picture would look messy and scrunched up... She was quite correct... it's a work of art in progress and this unstaged photograph will look very familiar to many of you... love it or loath it... the quilting has to be done.

And to finish for today, a toot toot toot fanfare is required for new Sue's fabulous and finished quilt... it's a large one so Sue decided to do simple quilting... especially as the recipient was waiting to be wrapped up in it!
It's been a very busy time in my world but now things might start to calm down a tad. The quilting and stitching show at Uttoxeter is all done and dusted until next year... though planning is already a fun subject in classes... so many promises of quilt entries for 2018.
It's very early on Good Friday as I write this and we are starting a long holiday weekend. Today is Friday Quilt Club, as usual and my shop is open as normal.
Tomorrow, Saturday 16th April, my shop is closed until Thursday 20th... but you can take a virtual tour of my wonderful little shop... I hope you noticed the new feature!! I would love to know what you think... I think it is such a clever thing... to walk around my shop and classroom from your very own home!
My plans for the Easter break? well, Once the dreaded stock taking has been done, I have a plan to stitch... If that happens I will probably post pictures for you... there's a lot of fabric and stuff to count though... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7... 1 2 3 4 5... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7...1 2 3... 1 2 3 4

No comments: