Sunday 29 October 2017

Stitching News

Jeannette has missed us because of work. She's managed to change the rota for a few weeks giving her a few Thursdays to come over and play. To help ease her back to stitching she chose to make this large festive fabric block! Goodness me, more like jumping in at the deep end to me!

I went to the shop a bit early on Friday to make this sandwich... which I actually pinned at about 2pm because new fabrics had been delivered and I had to sort them, and customers, out first... they were mostly Kaffe... (the fabrics, not the customers!)... wonderful, colorful and bright, you can take my word for that! anyway... the pattern/method I used is the fabulous Disappearing Hourglass but made using HST's (Half Square Triangles) made with two Angie's Six Packs of Ditsy Floral Prints and blue fabric, not 2 Layer Cakes as in the video you'll find if you search for Disappearing Hourglass.

Sporty Sue loved my quilt so she's using one of her 'Stashed' Layer Cakes with the addition of the fabulous green fabric yardage... I'll show you her progress as it happens. Have you tried this method? It's fun and very satisfying!
There's a lot going on in my classroom, lots of projects being worked on and the time is passing by so quickly that I keep forgetting to take pictures for you.
We're still buzzing and happy from our retreat last week. And we're already counting how many sleeps until the next retreat in March! ha....
Luckily we have a few Sunday Sewing Patchwork Parties booked before then, the next one will be on Sunday 19th November... we are all looking forward to a day of stitching fun... not to mention the catering we've got planned!
More later...

No comments: