Sandwich Saturday, on a Friday! with the Tuesdays. It made me smile.
We can't really make larger sandwiches during normal class time because the tables are all needed for sewing. That's why I have sandwiching days. The tables get pushed together making a good size work area. Then one hour slots are booked. It's very practical and excellent customer service I think.
Pam has been taking her quilts to the Long Arm Lady, Amanda in Stone, but she decided that this one should be easy enough to quilt it herself. It's 1.70m by 1.40m. There's a great opportunity here for changing thread colour to match all the beautiful fabric colours and Pam is looking forward to a bit of thread play.
Rose's heart quilt was sandwiched, great with those lovely border stripes. This is a very eye-catching design and it caught Pam's eye, she started to make a green version last week. Rose has a plan for the quilting using a variegated King Tut thread.
Christabelle's Stargazey Daizies sandwiched and ready for a little free-motion fun. Perfect thread was chosen for the job. It's a bit of a rubbish photo I've taken, I think I must have twitched because, to me it looks a bit blurred. I promise you it is very gorgeous in real life.
A dinosaur sandwich! Gail was able to make her sandwich during the Tuesday class and as soon as it was done, she chose lovely threads and made a good start on her quilting. She will stitch around the dinosaurs and leaves to start with.
Di has been busy quilting in her newly organised sewing room. It's amazing how a good tidy up can inspire us to sew. During class she stitched the binding in place ready for the hand sewing, a job she enjoys. Just a few top tips were needed for joining the binding. Lots of people bring their quilts in for this job.
Plans are being made for our next sewing retreat at Hawkstone Park. I'm still procrastinating on my decision, as usual. You would think I would be used to it by now wouldn't you. But no, I'm hopeless. Lots of people have made solid sewing plans, with a couple of those 'just in case I finish all my projects' necessities.
I'm going to be taking a table top shop this time. Do you think I can decide what to take for that? NO!

No comments:
Post a Comment