Sunday, 6 September 2026

Stitching News

Another fun week in my shop and classroom. The gardeners are back to stitching. Kids are back to school. Nights are drawing in and lights need to be used in the evenings! How quickly it has all changed from long summer days. Christmas Corner is busy tempting people to make things ready for sewing prevention season. Christmas Corner is a little nook full of festive fabrics!

Hours and hours have gone in to this beautiful project and, to be fair, it's starting to feel a little bit endless for Bev. She arrives each week with a little cloud following her... wishing she had finished it so she could start something new. BUT by the end of class, she is totally happy with it again. A sewing Roller Coaster with it's ups and downs. It will all be worth it!

Lesley has started the quilting! She's going to stitch around all of the details to make them pop. Most of the creatures now have eyes too. Little french knots done with metallic embroidery threads. They look like beads at first glance, until you touch them. You know we love to touch a French Knot, so tactile!

Di finished her first pumpkin cushion topper. It's all ready for sandwiching and quilting but I think she will get the next one to this stage first. Such a fun project. Perfect pumpkin fabric for the main border highlighted with a tiny-teeny inner green bit, fabulous.

Sun Bonnet Sue is getting ready for the Autumnal weather. This lovely wall hanging belongs to Deb. She popped in to get backing fabric and wadding so the quilting can begin. It will be done in no time, this lady gets on with it!


There's lots of plotting and planning happening in readiness for our next retreat, with only 5 more weekends to go. It's all part of the retreating fun. Stressful and exciting at the same time. 
As I've said before, this retreat is fully booked. 
I have the Quiltmas Sewing retreat in the planning process too. I am working on a new poster with the details for that. As there are only 6 more places available, at the time of writing this, I might be wasting my creative time! I actually got My Lilly to design the borders of it and it will be perfect for next year if I don't need to use it after all.
It's the best way for us to escape Sewing Prevention Season. We sew A LOT and get looked after very nicely indeedy, thanks to Hawkstone Park Hotel.

No comments: