Monday 14 February 2011

Commission Quilt, Finished

Ta Daaaaa.... It's finished!!
Well, that notched up more than another 6 hours, there was more to do than I had expected.... more quilting was needed and that took at least 3 hours.... My original binding fabric was short by 8 inches so I was back to rooting and deciding... As requested... a closer shot of the quilting, very very easy to do... if you look closely you will see that it was done by "eye-balling"... aim for the top of the strip then "eye-ball" back towards the middle, a big circular shape filled with shapes loosely based on circles... he he he .. a very technical design eh!

Right, I need to load up the van ready for Uttoxeter tomorrow... can't leave it until the morning because it is going to be wet, wet, wet... perfect stitching weather!

3 comments:

paqui said...

Fantastic !!!

free indeed said...

Again, that is a great looking quilt! Love the sunflower quilting too!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Oh it is gorgeous and I love the free machine work you've done...right up my street! Congrats on a great finish!