Wednesday 25 July 2012

Tuesday Stitching

Krafty Karen finished quilting both halves of her Stack-n-Whack Kaleidoscope quilt so it was time to figure out how to join the halves together... a little tricky this time because the backing fabric wasn't quite big enough to do it the regular way, I spread it out on my very own quilt shop counter to make decisions... looks rather lovely amongst my fabrics and notions eh, we sorted it, eventually

Lovely Lyn is making her first quilt set diagonally. She was having a little trouble getting her head round the setting triangles... couldn't understand how/why the triangles needed to be stitched onto the end of the rows so... I pinned her block rows onto my fishy Kaleidoscope quilt, which happens to be hanging on the wall of my very own classroom at the moment, and... the penny dropped immediately! Lyn's quilt centre will be sandwiched and quilted without the borders, they will be made, quilted and added afterwards.
New Sue finished yet another beautiful quilt... I'm thinking that sleep isn't much on her agenda... actually... it could be the fact that it's been raining too much to play golf ! he he he. So, this quilt is having a pieced backing made for it to use up the left over fabrics from the Moda Layer Cake that Sue purchased from My Very Own Quilt Shop last week. 
Did I mention I have my very own quilt shop? he he he. The shelves we put in on Sunday are almost full and new fabrics should be arriving any day now...
My next post will be toot toot tooting Sue's latest finish.

1 comment:

Dottymo said...

Fantastic quilts Love the colours in all.