Wednesday 2 September 2015

Stitching News

Enough about my very own stitching in Quilty Quarters....
Back to what the ladies have been up to
Apple's get a little bashed when you carry them round in your bag don't they....
I have been showing this pattern to My Mum Gwynneth for a veeeeery long time... she never picked up the hint!! But Merrily did... What a sweet lady, she saw the pattern for this beautiful, and very practical, Apple Coat in a magazine and thought of me... fabulous... it even has my name on the leaf there, and the button belonged to Merrily's Mum so it's an antique... Thank you Merrily, I LOVE IT!!
Lorna started this applique wall hanging a long time ago... quite a few moons actually but life got in the way.... the beauty of festive projects is that if you don't get them finished for the upcoming Christmas... there's always another one arranged for the next year... Top Tip... never commit to which Christmas you are making things for!!
PM Pam made this quilt Lick-etty-Split, don't you think? This happens to lots of people... if you love the fabrics you chose and you're enjoying the making... you can't stop sewing!!! ha ha ha, I speak from experience you know!!! Pam booked a Saturday Sandwich slot just over 2 weeks after starting making the blocks. I bet she's been quilting into the wee small hours over the Bank Holiday break...
 Gail has one fabulous and finished Christmas Stocking and one just about to get there, as you can see, there's just the binding to do on Daisy's stocking. Gail used a Kid's Quilts stocking pattern, you know where she purchase that from don't you!!! Both stockings will be gifted very soon, so it's ...Toot toot toot time 
As we dig out our winter coats and boots ready for Autumn... though I have been using mine for a few weeks already... We find our very own selves in beautiful and colourful month of September.
There's a first Thursday of the month tomorrow so it's an SPQ (Staffordshire Patchworkers and Quilters) meeting evening.
I will be taking my very own table top shop, as it's my turn... not very good planning on my part as today I will have to go to my very own shop to get something ready to take... instead of making another Tunic Top or another Bendy Bag... unless I work Lick-etty-Split that is!!! ha ha ha

No comments: