Sunday 13 October 2024

Stitching News

I thought I would try to catch up with a few fabulous finishes. All photos were taken well before we went off gallivanting with our sewing paraphernalia but I neglected to share them with you, tut & tisk! I was preoccupied with my cutting and kitting preparations. Anyhow, here they are:-
Rose had a good selection of green and cream fabrics left over from making the huge Log Cabin quilt she finished recently. In fact enough to make this lovely lap size quilt.
With the strip added in the centre for the backing, it sees Rose well able to declare that 'not a scrap was wasted'. Excellent use of fabrics. Toot toot toot Rose, fabulous, finished with lovely, free wheeling quilting too.

I saw this while Shirley was packing up one day. A very smart sewing machine mat. Made with little Tilda fabric squares, a great table protector to bring a smile every time the sewing has to be packed away. It's been made for a while but I didn't spot it before, toot toot toot Shirley.

Jan was asked to make this table topper. We normally make this design with a Charm Pack, that's 5" squares, but the lady needed a smaller version so Jan cut three and a half inch squares. It's really cute, fabulous and finished, toot toot toot.

These panels were very popular and as they were printed 'the other way' from normal, it meant you could purchase a quilt top of any length, all ready for sandwiching, like cheating but excellent fun to quilt.
A fabulous pieced backing helps tie it all together. A toot toot toot fanfare is due to Deb for another gifting project finished lick-etty split, well, if you don't count moving house twice in between purchasing the fabrics and finishing the quilt, ha!

A cushion of scraps. Made by Judy. She didn't allow herself to choose the fabrics, she just stitched all sorts together. She doesn't like it, I mean not controlling the colours, but did enjoy the process. Cushion sized projects are just the ticket for practicing different styles of patchwork. Toot toot toot Judy, it's a fabulous, and quite unloved, finish

Judy is delighted with her new cushion. What a splendid and rather sophisticated hound. She made it to gift to a fundraising event. I hope people don't argue over it!! Toot toot toot Judy, a belated fanfare for your fabulous finish.

Deb finished another I Spy play mat. I have 6" squares cut ready as 6 Packs in my shop, very convenient for you. Each square has a different design making it very interesting for any kiddo to help with learning about colours, counting, animals, fish, fruits and everything in between. Deb chose to use corner stones of digger wheels fabric. Toot toot toot for a fabulous finish

That should see us all caught up for now.
I'll give my very own self a 'See Me' and note that I must try harder to keep up with pictures. It's very hard to remember to do your job properly when your job is so much fun!!

No comments: