Tuesday 15 October 2024

Stitching News

 Half way through October already! Where is the time going? It's true, the older I get the faster the days pass by. I have spent quite a few luxurious minutes in Quilty Quarters since returning from our lovely retreat. I wanted to get my Randolph & Rudy quilt finished.

The pattern, by Elizabeth Hartman, called for 44.5" border strips, which meant joining fabric to extend 1 strip by 2". I realize I could have cut the whole length from my background fabric piece, but I was trying to follow the pattern. I didn't want to join a little piece so, not following the pattern, I spent extra time making little festive flying geese units, and I am happy with them.

My shop doesn't open on Mondays which proved very convenient for my very own self. I pieced a backing from my home stash and walked up to my shop to make a sandwich, at lunchtime, ha! I've started the quilting but I didn't get very far. Quilts don't half take a long time to make.

I had packed another project for the retreat, just in case I finished the other 3, ha ha ha! as if. This was my testing block, I'm keen to make more of these blocks so I'll make it my Checkley Sunday Sewday project for the October and November sessions.

Which reminds me, have you booked your place for October 27th?

No comments: