Monday 17 November 2008

Weekend Stitching

I spent most of my weekend stitching. The arrival of my new crock pot recently has cut down the time in the kitchen, which is wonderful... I wish I had bought one years ago.
These are the fabrics that Paula gifted to me a few weeks ago. The blocks measure 16" each so, once the cutting was done, it went together quite quickly. It's going to be called "Gifted Fat Quarters". It was going to be a double bed size quilt but I stopped at the size of a sofa throw. I'm auditioning fabrics and blocks for the borders, I feel I need to spice this one up a little .... so I have my Judy Martin Pieced Borders Book out for a little light study!! he he he
This is the back of my Pineapple Blossom quilt. I bought 8 metres of the red and gold fabric in Mexico a few years ago, it was on 'special offer'! The green is from Texas, 2 of the yellows are from Brazil. The other yellow and that fabulous sunflower fabric are from Arco Iris A Metro... quite an International get together!
In the Quilt Cave I have so many tables, it's quite a luxury making sandwiches... and though it still causes a little back ache, it's much easier than using the floor.

No comments: